Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tortured


ok let's start... it simply comes from a boring day, so i pick up my gear and keep on playing with it then i thought of setting my strobes and try to experiment. well, as usual there's no other model so please bear with my tiry self portraits.. (= 

this shot was a solo strobe, using my sb600 placing it on my right side @ around 1/2 fp, i used my tamron 17-50mm@40mm, f32, ISO 100 with 1/180ss... you maybe wondering why i set my aperture to its max.. its because i'm trying to make use of my flash wave to have a wireless connection to my flash and it isn't capable of fast shutter speed ( 1/200ss max ).. nway, i just wanted to kill the ambient light to make the background black to emphasized the light source.. i usually control it by the shutter speed but this time i'm limited so i used the aperture to darken the background, so CLICK and that's it..

PP: as always, levels and contrast + sharpness.. 
       ( the bruises ) 1. make a new layer
                             2. then apply a circular gradient, bnw
                             3. go to filter, render - apply difference clouds
                             4. and finally change the layer blending to Overlay
voila.. you got your instant make up bruises!  if ever bruises is much for you, you can hide or delete some of it using eraser or layer mask!  have fun, try it urself! ((=

2 comments:

  1. ok ang details ah!!! nahilo ako, ang dami mo na palang equipment, nag iinvest ka na talaga sa photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ndi namn maxado mejo nhiligan ko lng talaga... strobes lng ndagdag sa gear ko... lyk ko sana careerin, kung my proper schooling lng sana.. ;p

    ReplyDelete